Wednesday, September 11, 2013

State Fair

We were lucky enough to finally get a camping spot at the State Fair this year!
Courtney, Stephanie and I spent 4 nights there and Chad was able to spend 3 nights with us. 
Jeremy spent one day there with Stephanie and then went home to do chores for us so we could enjoy some time away.
 
 
The girls and I had a lot of fun together!
 
 Wearing our pig hats we got at the pork producers booth.
Yes, I actually wore this around the fair for about an hour!
 
 
 
 
 Courtney and Stephanie enjoyed petting the animals at the exotic animal petting zoo.
 

 
 
 

 Courtney is a daddy's girl and she enjoyed spending time with her daddy at the camper!
I guess you are never too old to sit on your daddy's lap!



Stephanie, Courtney and I enjoyed a ride on the Ferris Wheel!
I can't even tell you how many years it has been since I have been on a ride of any kind!
 
We also spent some time (ok, a lot of time) at the Wine Pavillion. 
They have lots of different wines and beers made in our state available for tasting. 
One of my favorite places at the fair!!!!
 
The girls also talked me into spending a little time in the beer gardens listening to some good bands.
They spent a little more time there than I did.  They are lots younger and can handle that scene WAY better than I can.
 
We caught a few dairy shows, pig races, bands and shows on the various stages and visited with many friends and neighbors that we ran into.
 
I had such a good time and am hoping we will be able to go again next year!
 

3 comments:

born imaginative. said...

Ahh, fair memories! Such a grand way to pause and just enjoy the country life! :)

April said...

That looks like so much fun!! Glad you guys had such a good time.

SAH in Suburbia said...

I love the fair!!!! I miss the fair!!!